Franklin Cudjoe raises Red Flag over another €165m overpriced contract

88 total views, 3 views today

Visit: www.glorynewsonline.com for Gospel Happenings

Founding President of IMANI Africa, Franklin Cudjoe has raised red flags over yet another multi-million Euro contract overpriced to the tune of some 165 million Euros under the Akufo-Addo/Bawumia government, MyNewsGh.com can confirm.

The said contract, MyNewsGh.com learnt, has already been executed while the excess of €165million is currently in private pickets, with over 1000 people losing their jobs as a result of the said contract.

Mr Cudjoe and his team at IMANI have previously fingered the government in a communication monitoring deal they say is dubious and fraudulent and have called for its cancellation.

The said deal, signed by the Ministry of Communications and the National Communications Authority all under Ursula Owusu-Ekuful, with Kelni GVG, a company whose true owners are yet to show up has left many wondering.

Franklin Cudjoe wrote on twitter:

“Another contract overpriced by €165m. Contract already executed. In the process over 1000 people have been displaced. Details soon”.

IMANI has waged a spirited war with government over Kelni GVG ‘dubious’ contract whose issues remain unresolved.

On December 27, 2017, The ministry of finance and ministry of communication want into an agreement with Kelni GVG limited to provide design, development, and implementation of a common platform for traffic monitoring, revenue assurance, mobile money monitoring and fraud management.

CEO of Imani Africa Franklin Cudjoe has on various platforms considered the deal as needless and is a similar deal to Sudah and Afriwave which was signed by the then NDC government in 2010 and 2015 respectively.

“The new deal which is totally needless is to do the same thing i.e. ensure revenue assurance, monitor the platform for fraud. What has been added now is to monitor mobile money transactions on the platform.” He said, when speaking on Joy News.The deal which is said to have cost $89 million raged controversies from different sectors with the editor-in-chief of the new crusading guide Kwaku Baako Jnr asking for an enquiry to be made in the deal. Speaking on Joy FM’s Newsfile he said “In spite of the fact that in terms of the explanations and clarifications, I’m inclined to at this stage to think that the Ministry of communications has a stronger case.”But I’m not going to say it is absolute. So, I call also for enquiry. For instance, the audit service is there, they can investigate the processes, value for money, audit and all the rest.”

Source: MyNewsGH.com

Ghana News Online

The primary function of GhanaNewsOnline.com.gh is to gather, process and distribute news about Ghana and Africa to the World. To serve as a News Agency with the mandate to present complete, in-depth objective and impartial information, news, and features rooted in investigative journalism.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *