6 total views, 2 views today
The International Institute for Governance and Development (IIGD) South Africa has nominated Mr. Kofi Osei-Ameyaw, the Director-General of the National Lottery Authority (NLA) for the Platinum Excellence Awards in Gambia, 2018 for his outstanding contributions to the National Lottery Authority.
The date for the Platinum Excellence Awards is expected to comes off on 23rd February to 1st March, 2018
Through prudent and strategic management by Mr. Kofi Osei-Ameyaw as Director-General of NLA with overwhelming support from the Board of NLA and Ministry of Finance, the National Lottery Authority were able to achieved the following in 2017;
1. Unprecedented Payment of almost 35million Ghana Cedis into the Consolidated Fund, a remarkable achievement since the establishment of the National Lottery Authority.
2. Restoration of 25% commission to the Lotto Marketing Companies.
3. Removal of 5% Tax on Lottery Wins.
4. Removal of 7.5% Income Tax on the Commission to the Lotto Marketing Companies.
5. Review of dubious contracts at the NLA which has helped to save Public Funds for the Government of Ghana.
6. Prompt Payment of Lotto Wins to the Lotto Marketing Companies, Lotto Writers and Lotto stakers.
7. Refurbishment of the National Headquarters of the Lotto Marketing Companies.
8. Organisation of successful series of stakeholders meeting with Lotto Marketing Companies and Banker to Banker Lotto Operators and Agents.
9. Registration of Banker to Banker Lotto Operators and Agents for evaluation and possible licensing under Public-Private Partnership initiative.
10. Modernization of lottery through the introduction of E-Kiosk.
According to the International Institute for Governance and Development, Mr. Kofi Osei-Ameyaw as a leading and shinning example of the Gaming Industry in Africa will also address all the Stakeholders in the Gaming Industry and other areas critical to the development of lottery and other Games of Chance in Africa.
Source: Daniel Kaku
- Catherine Afeku schools IMANI on proposed ‘Akwaaba’ hotels
- Explore the phenomenal Social Innovations Shortlisted for Nestle’s 2018 Global CSV Prize