214 total views, 1 views today
A 42-year-old farmer, Alhassan, his wife and their three kids are currently in a critical condition at the West Gonja Catholic hospital in the the Northern region of Ghana after they got burnt in petrol.
The incident happened in Kotito Number II, a small farming community in Damongo in the West Gonja District of Northern region Monday morning.
Alhassan, identified to be a branch youth organiser of the opposition National Democratic Congress in Kotito Number II, aside farming, retails petrol to community members.
He usually buys the petrol in drums from Buipe in the Central Gonja District and retails to customers in a bid to put body and soul together.
Luck however eluded 42-year-old Alhassan, his wife and three kids when a drum containing the fuel exploded whilst they were at home.
They couldn’t escape the accident as all five,got several burnt and rushed to the West Gonja hospital.
The man and his wife who are worst hit by the incident,have been referred to the Tamale Teaching hospital after hospital staff handling the cases indicated that their situation was beyond the hospital’s management.
Alhassan Braimah, who is in charge of the Emergency Unit at the hospital confirmed the Incident to Ghanawebs’ Ananpansah B Abraham, adding that the three kids would however be on admission at the West Gonja hospital.
He said they have placed a request for Ambulance support from Sawla to assist in conveying the victims to the Tamale Teaching hospital, since the hospital has only one ambulance which could not serve the purpose.
He disclosed that,the initial cost of treating the five patients, including the ambulance fee stands at Ghc2,500.00.
Source: Ananpansah B Abraham