131 total views, 1 views today
Ghanaian musician and philanthropist, Okyeame Kwame (born Kwame Nsiah-Apau) has been appointed board member of Worldreader.
As Founder and Creative Director of his One Mic Entertainment record label, Firm Bridges Communications, and the OK Foundation the award-winning artiste – also a Master’s Degree holder has contributed immensely to education, the creative arts, leadership, mentorship among others in a myriad capacities and is expected to bring his rich experience to the table.
Worldreader, headquartered in San Francisco, USA is a non-profit organization that delivers e-books to people in the developing world. The organization uses e-readers, mobile phones and other digital technology to provide readers in 53 countries with a digital library of over 45,000 book titles. Since 2010, Worldreader has served over 5.4 million readers.
Okyeame Kwame joins five others on the board of directors for Ghana:
1. Carol Williams, West Africa Director for Worldreader
2. Colin McElwee, Co-Founder and Senior Director of Worldreader
3. Matilda Amissah-Arthur, Philanthropist and former Second Lady of Ghana
4. Elizabeth Ashun, a dual qualified lawyer in the United Kingdom and Ghana
5. Nathan Amanquah Professor and Senior Lecturer at Ashesi University College