231 total views, 3 views today
Truthfulness as a moral virtue, is very important for ones upbringing and societal development as it reposes some confidence in whoever one deals with.
It is however becoming more worrying, the resilience with which Ghana’s Vice President, Dr Mahamudu Bawumia peddles falsehood and blatant lies with any given opportunity to address the media.
Many Ghanaians have expressed concerns about this untoward behavior by the Vice President because he must conduct himself in a manner that young ones will learn from him,considering the fact that he occupies a high office in the country.
It is also pertinent to note, that Alhaji Bawumia has ignored the tenants of Islam on which he has rose to become an Alhaji. The Quran and Sunnah describes lying as a harram and it is believed that a liar will have bad consequences on society.
It would be recalled that prior to the 2016 elections, the NPP made Dr Bawumia the head of their propaganda department and championed the peddling of blatant lies against the Mahama lead government to win votes.
Dr Bawumia at a Public lecture at the Central University College On 25th March, 2015 lied that the African Development Bank (AfDB) had suspended Ghana the previous month and we were still on suspension as of the time he was delivering the lecture. AfDB denied this claim in the evening of the same day.
He again on 18th August, 2015, claimed at Alisa Hotel at a press-conference that he had evidence of 760,000 foreigners from Togo, Cote D’Ivoire and Burkina Faso on the Ghanaian voters’ register. He claimed to have presented only 10% of the evidence and that the NPP will make the remaining 90% available in due course. Several months after this claim, he has failed to produce the remaining 90% after it turned out that even the so-called 10% he presented was fabricated.
On 6th May, 2016 Dr Bawumia lied that Government had diverted US$250 million out of the Eurobond issued in 2015 into a private account operated by a private bank. This absurdity has also been proven to be false.
As if that is not enough, Dr Bawumia has passed on this falsehood peddling into government as he presented his soo called 103 achievements in the first 100 days of President Akufo-Addo’s government.
Dr Bawumia claimed in the said encounter, that government had abolished import duties on spare parts.
He also indicated that funds had been allocated for the 1 Village, 1 Dam initiative as promised during the 2016 electioneering campaign.
Dr Bawumia again stated that government had Allocated the cedi equivalent of $1million( GHs 4.1 million) to each constituency for economic development.
These remarks by Dr Mahamudu Bawumia has proven to be blatant lies as none of the claims has either been initiated or executed by government.
It is in respect of this, that Mr Bright Botchway, a member of Central Regional Communications Team of the opposition NDC and General Secretary of Young Cadres of NDC, calls on various Religious Studies Scholars in the country to sit Dr Bawumia down and advise him against such misconduct as such actions keep derailing his integrity and exposes his high office to public ridicule Because According to the Quran it is only those who believe not in the Ayah(proofs,evidence,verses,
lessons,sign etc) of Allah who fabricate falsehood, and it is they who are liars, so it sound worrying for whole vice president who should have known better is doing this to himself and mother GHANA by peddling falsehood to Ghanaians.
- GIABA, EGDC to hold Consultative Meeting on Gender and Youth Dimensions
- STRANEK urges President to set up Anti-Corruption Special Investigative Unit