38 total views, 2 views today
At least 10 civilians have been killed in various Saudi Arabian airstrikes on multiple locations in Yemen’s Taizz and Sa’ada provinces.
On Saturday, five civilians were killed and four more wounded as Saudi warplanes targeted a residential area in the al-Rahedeh district in the southwestern province of Ta’izz.
According to local medial sources, the death toll will probably rise as people are still trapped under debris and several of the wounded are in a critical condition.
At least five people were also killed and several more wounded after Saudi jets targeted residential areas and farmlands in the northern province of Sa’ada.
Earlier in the day, the UN’s aid chief, Mark Lowcock, said the humanitarian situation in Yemen is “shocking.”
“I came to Yemen to better understand the deteriorating humanitarian crisis, including the fastest-growing cholera epidemic the world has ever seen, the world’s largest food insecurity and conditions of widespread population displacement,” he said. “It’s been shocking to see the terrible impact of this man-made conflict.”
Saudi Arabia has been incessantly pounding Yemen since March 2015 in an attempt to crush the popular Houthi Ansarullah movement and reinstate former president Abd Rabbuh Mansur Hadi, who is a staunch ally of the Riyadh regime.
More than 12,000 people have been killed since the onset of the campaign more than two and a half years ago. Much of the Arabian Peninsula country’s infrastructure, including hospitals, schools and factories, has been reduced to rubble due to the war.