191 total views, 1 views today
…DCE takes goats before School feeding contracts
…Police Arrest Constituency Party Executives
The District Chief Executive of the Agotime-Ziope District in the Volta Region, Mr. David Dickson Dzokpe, is likely to be a casualty in the Akufo-Addo administration because of his perceived leadership style which is allegedly causing so much discomfort to his ‘subjects’.
Just five months in office and the gentleman has been accused by his close allies of corruption and arrogance; an act that they claim is not making the New Patriotic Party (NPP) attractive, while jeopardizing the development efforts in the District.
Sources within the District has accused the DCE of demanding items like goat and cassava from contractors before awarding them with a contract in the school feeding programme.
“O yes, as for that one di3 its true. When we went to see him for the contract he told us to bring him a male goat and cassava. The following day I made my wife bring it and when the official list came out our name was on the list,” stated one of the Contractors in the school feeding programme in the District who want to remain anonymous for fear of victimization.
We can confirm that Mr. Dzokpe, who until his nomination and confirmation as the DCE in May this year was the NPP Chairman for the Agotime-Ziope Constituency is currently not in talking terms with almost all the party executives because they dared to point to him that some of his actions and decisions were not in favour of the immediate future of the NPP in the area.
To this effect, the constituency executives have jointly petitioned both the National Executive Committee (NEC) and the Regional Executive Committee (REC) of the NPP to take immediate action by bringing the DCE to order else some recalcitrant members of the public might just forcefully remove him from office without recourse to lay down laws.
The petition jointly signed by the 1st Vice Chairman Isaac Dunyo, Constituency Organizer Philip Akpessey, Women Organizer Victoria Soalo, Youth Organizer Eric Gomi Deputy Youth Organizer Richard Zowonu says the DCE’s for hatred for his colleagues has caused him to deliberately set out plans to divide the party in the district so that he can have his way to carry out more corrupt acts without being checked.
They accused him of putting party money meant for the Executives into his personal packet while directing some of the current Executives, including the first vice chairman never to step foot in his residence or office again just because he demanded accountability for some monies that should have come to the Executives but was given to the biological son of the DCE for his personal expenses.
According to the petition, “the DCE is too much involved in chieftaincy matters. Some chiefs are not happy with him for being instrumental in imposing a fine of ram and drinks on the Paramount Chief and others.
“The DCE and the Constituency Nasara Coordinator took an amount of two thousand, five hundred Ghana cedis (GHC 2,500.00) from a Moslem with the promise to sponsor him to the Hajj in Mecca.
“The sponsorship bid failed and the man is now demanding his money back. The Moslem community is aware and they are not happy. They are now making comparison between the former and the new administration of NDC and NPP DCEs,” it stated.
They also accused him of discriminating against die hard party supporters in the district, choosing rather to dine with members of the opposition National Democratic Congress (NDC).
“Some hard working and known women of the party were discriminated against during the selection of school feeding program contractors, instead, some unknown women were favored,” the petition stated in part.
He is also accused of neglecting the party structure while forming his own team with which he is running the district down.
“The DCE has formed a group known as the ‘Winning Team’ which he is supporting financially to contest the next constituency elections. It is with this group that he holds meeting at his residence.
Philip Akpessey who is also the Assembly member for Kpetoe South and the Area Council Chairman told this website in a phone interview that he can no longer control the anger of the people against the DCE and that if the party leadership at both the regional and national levels refuse to act timeously the worst might happen.
“There are several things we can do, like stopping him on our own from being the DCE. As DCE you are supposed to represent the President in the District. You are supposed to act and behave like the President. What this man is doing, is that what President Akufo-Addo will do if he was the DCE?” he queried angrily.
Arrest of Party Organizer over Motor Cycle
Meanwhile, information reaching us is that the DCE for Agotime-Ziope, D.D. Dzorpke, last week caused the arrest of the NPP Constituency organizer, Mr Philip Akpessey for taking possession of a motor cycle belonging to the party against his orders.
Narrating his ordeal, Akpessey said he was the one who usually rides the motor cycle to organize party activities and other related matters. He recently had an accident and needed to go to the next village for treatment. So he demanded that the motor be brought to him at home but the messenger returned to tell him that the DCE has stopped him from picking the Motor cycle. Akpessey said he managed to move to the DCE’s residence and forcibly took the motor cycle. Shortly after, the police came to arrest him for stealing the motor. He said but for the intervention of the District Police Commander, ASP Anthony Danso, he would have been locked up on the instructions of the DCE.
Our attempts to get the DCE Mr D.D. Dzorkpe’s reaction to the story proved futile as his aid insisted “Honorable will get back to you when he is ready.”
WE PUBLISH THE FULL PETITION BELOW
P. O. Box 37
9th October, 2017
COMPLAINTS AGAINST HON. D.D. DZORKPE. DCE FOR AGOTIME-ZIOPE DISTRICT
We the under signed constituency Executive members of the NPP in Agotime-Ziope District wish to draw attention of NPP Leadership, both Regional and National to attempts being made by the DCE to bring division into the ranks of NPP through acts of discrimination and hatred for some party members.
- Out of hatred Hon. D. D. Dzorkpe refused to accept handshake greetings from some party members who went to congratulate him when his nomination as District Chief Executive (DCE) was announced.
- He refused to accept Eric Gomi, the Constituency Youth Organizer into the ranks of the constituency Executives after the Regional Chairman revoked an indefinite suspension imposed on Eric Gomi.
The hatred is so much so that the polling station executive who delivered the said latter to him had issues with Hon D. D. Dzorkpe. The Regional Chairman and the Regional Secretary had the best of verbal lashes at constituency meetings for writing the letter to revoke the suspension.
- Even when he became a DCE, he made sure the acting constituency chairman maintained the status quo i.e the (GHC 200.00) given to each constituency executive member at Cape Coast conference was not given to Eric Gomi. Instead, the money was given to Hon D.D Dzorkpe’s son who is not an executive.
- Mr Isaac Denyo, the 1st Vice Chairman was told in the face never to come to his residency.
- Despite the fact that the constituency MP is from NDC, the MP agreed to assist Mr. Philip Akpessey the constituency organizer of our party financially with the MP’s Common Fund to enable Mr. Philip Akpessey have medical treatment in hospital for severe gun powder body burnt.
Strangely enough, Hon D.D Dzorkpe our DCE refused to endorse the request. We think the hatred has reached the stage of wickedness.
- DISCRIMINATION AGAINST PARTY PEOPLE
- A driver and member of the party who drove our party campaign van in 2008, 2012 and 2016 with the hope and promise to be engaged whenever NPP wins political power is now ignored and the DCE’s son has become the driver of the official vehicle of the Assembly.
- Some hard working and known women of the party were discriminated against during the selection of school feeding program contractors, instead, some unknown women were favored.
- DIVISION IN NPP FRONT
- The DCE has formed a group known as the “Winning Team” which he is supporting financially to contest the next constituency elections. It is with this group that he holds meeting at his residence.
- It is members of this group that met and distributed the various district positions for NADMO, NHIS, YEA and Non Formal Education.
- The DCE has created division among members of the “Akpokope fun club” of NPP of which he is a member.
- SABOTAGE OF NPP GOD IMAGE
- The DCE is too much involved in chieftaincy matters. Some chiefs are not happy with him for being instrumental in imposing a fine of ram and drinks on the Paramount Chief and others.
- The DCE and the Constituency Nasara Coordinator took an amount of two thousand, five hundred Ghana cedis (GHC 2,500.00) from a Moslem with the promise to sponsor him to the Hajj in Mecca.
The sponsorship bid failed and the man is now demanding his money back. The Moslem community is aware and they are not happy. They are now making comparison between the former and the new administration of NDC and NPP DCEs.
- NPP members involvement in functions is nill. The DCE prefers going to places with his son or clan chief who is an ardent NDC supporter in the area.
- To conclude, we want to state that we would not look on so that the DCE divides the party front.
Until 7th December, 2016, we were all as one and contributed to the success story of NPP. We cannot understand why there would be differences after his nomination as DCE.
There would eventually be a reaction from us if the party leadership fails to call the DCE to order.
Thank you for the attention.
Isaac Dunyo: 1st Vice Chairman (0541854523/02700840971)……………………………………….
Philip Akpessey: Organizer (0245857275/0276295629)………………………………………………..
Victoria Soalo: Women Organizer (0506545759)………………………………………………………….
Eric Gomi: Youth Organizer (0541225858)…………………………………………………………………..
Richard Zowonu: Deputy Youth Organizer (0247445594/0275516032)………………………
THE NATIONAL CHAIRMAN
NPP NATIONAL EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
THE REGIONAL CHAIRMAN
NPP REGIONAL EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
NPP REGIONAL OFFICE
HO, V/R – GHANA
CC: The Hon. Regional Minister
Regional Co-ord. Council
Ho, V/Rm – Ghana
CC: The Hon. Regional Minister
Regional Co-ord. Council
Ho, V/Rm – Ghana