253 total views, 2 views today
- Bastie Samir is 31 years old and was born on May 19, 1986.
- Bastie is nicknamed “The Beast”
- He has an impressive record of knocking out all his opponents in his 15 bouts.
- He won the African Championships in the welterweight division in May 2007
- He represented Ghana and won silver at the 2007 All-Africa Games boxing welterweight division
- He qualified for the Olympics 2008 in the light-heavyweight division.
- He relocated to the US in 2008 and won many professional bouts there.
- Some of the opponents he has beaten are Mavin Blair, Jacob Alvarez, Joseph Dunn, Damon Reed, Billy Cunningham, and Greg Hacket
- His 6th round split draw with Lester Gonzalez in April 2011 is the only blemish on his record
- In 2016, Oscar De La Hoya’s Golden Boy Promotions signed Bastie Samir and his junior brother Issa Samir.
- In October 2017, he knocked out famed Ghanaian boxer, Braimah Kamoko, popularly known as Bukom Banku in a much-anticipated bout.
By: Jonas Nyabor