Accra: Police gun down Armed Robbery suspects

Personnel of the Greater Accra Regional Police Command on Monday, February 8, 2021 gunned-down a suspected armed robber during a gun battle with a suspected robbery gang.

Head of Public Affairs of the command, Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) Effia Tenge, who made this known to journalists in Accra, said the gang attempted attacking a block factory at Haatso.

She said the police thwarted their plan based on a tip off.

“Following the information the Regional Police command laid ambush in the neighbourhood,” DSP Tenge stated.

“Today February 8, 2021 at about 11:30am while the team was on the aforementioned duties, four men besieged the premises of the company under the pretense of engaging in a business transaction and insisted on seeing the Chief Executive,” she revealed.

She said in the process they pulled out pistols to take the men hostage amidst sporadic shooting on the premises and in the gun fire exchange, one of the robbers was killed.

Two others, she said, had been arrested while one of them managed to escape.

READ More: Training Workshop for New Parliamentarians is currently underway

The arrested suspects are Christian Anagbra, aged 38, and Emmanuel Gavor, aged 53.

Upon interrogations, they admitted their involvement in the attempted robbery and mentioned the one at large as Isaac alias “my brother”.

In other developments, the police say the same persons are suspected to have attacked Pure Water Goil filing station at Ashogman where two attendants were locked in one of the offices and a night security man who’s name was only given as Efo was found dead in a mini bus at the filling station, where he was sleeping. He had multiple cuts on his head and body.

“About 02:30am three young men who were speaking pidgin English with Nigerian accent, broke into their office, robbed them of GHC 2,006.00 being the previous day’s sales,” by the two attendants .

The suspects who were armed with a gun believed to be AK47, an iron bar and a knife, attempted breaking the safe but were not successful so they locked them up and made away with their phones and a laptop.

Meanwhile, the Police have retrieved a Millennium pistol with five rounds of ammunition.

The two suspects are in police custody while the body of the deceased who’s name is unknown, has been deposited at the Police Morgue for autopsy and preservation.

By Shiela Araba Satori Mensah || 

GOT A STORY? Share with us. Email: [email protected] or [email protected] WhatsApp: +233(0)244822034

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

GOT A STORY? Share with us. Email: [email protected] or [email protected] WhatsApp: +233(0)244822034
Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More