Nana Akufo-Addo and his NPP lied to Ghanaians with false promises. Akufo-Addo and his party should show Ghanaians any of the 2016 campaign promises they have fulfilled or any development project initiated and implemented to the benefit of Ghanaians by their administration in the last nineteen months. The NPP made the issue of corruption a cardinal agenda in its manifesto, alongside their bogus promises. Their dodgy approach to the issue of corruption and corruption in government has earned it the odious reputation as the most deceptive, corrupt and dangerous political organization in the history of Ghana. Now that the 2020 elections are around the corner, the NPP has become apprehensive that Ghanaians will hold them to task on their promises, including that of no borrowing, no corruption, drastic reduction of fuel prices etc hence the resort to rhetoric and desperate recants.
Nana Akufo-Addo should know by now that there is no way he and his party can hide from their shadows as they must be ready to face Nigerians on all scores, in all their lies, deception and bogus promises, which they fraudulently took over power.
Below are some of the campaign promises
1. Ban on all government officials from seeking medical care abroad
2. No borrowing
3. One million dollar to every constituency
4. One district one factory
5. One village one dam
6. Construction of 350 new secondary schools
7. Immediate cancellation of the IMF deal
8. Government will employ all trained nurses and teachers
9.Reduce fuel price drastically
10. One free meal and special chocolate for public primary school pupils
11. Make Accra the cleanest capitalist in Africa
12. Government will not buy new vehicles
13. Will make the cedi the strongest currency in Africa
14. Will inject billions of crisis into the agricultural sector to create more agro allied jobs by way of loans at nominal interest rate for capital investment on medium and commercial scale cash crops
15. Increase producer price of cocoa each year
16.Will build airport in all the Regions
17. Low utility tariffs
18. Increase salary of teachers and all public workers
19. Ensure timely payment of retirement benefits for all pensioned senior citizens and create poverty safety net for all aged citizens
20. Will support galamsey operation in the country
21. Will build ultramodern stadium in all the Regions
22. Will reduce number of Ministers and workers at the Presidency
23. Protect public purse by reducing recurrent expenditure
24.End graduate unemployment
25. Immediate cancellation of the stabilisation fund policy
26. Free distribution of fertilizer and seedlings to cocoa farmers
27. Support for cashew nut farmers
28. Review all government contracts
29. No family and friends government
30. No sole sourcing
31. Election of our MMDCEs instead of appointing them
32.Protect local businesses by applying fully laws regulating activities of foreigners doing business in Ghana
33. Remove all nuisance taxes at the ports
34. Construct more roads
35.Construct more hospitals
36.Establishment of more universities
37. Improve security
38. Make the Ghanaian economy one of the fastest-growing emerging economies in the world
39. Will create three million jobs the first year of the administration
40.Implementation of a national gender policy.
41. Public declaration of assets of government officials
President Akufo-Addo and his government have showed anti people policies and failure to serve the good of the ordinary citizens, contrary to what they would want Ghanaians to believe. Nana Akufo-Addo’s second term agenda is simply a quest to continue to enrich the presidency cabal, promote Nepotism and protect cronies and corrupt members of the NPP from the long arms of the law.
Akufo Addo’s second term is also a quest to continue to suppress and destroy democratic principles, to continue trampling on our rights, perpetuation of mediocrity in governance.
Ghanaians do not need economic experts, clairvoyants and psychics to know that another four years for Akufo-Addo Will lead to total collapse of the economy, over taxation of the poor, destruction of the peace we enjoying and our national cohesion.
Source: Ohenenenana Obonti Krow