The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Ghana National Gas Company (GhanaGas), Dr. Ben K. D. Asante has been adjudged the second best CEO of all state institutions in Ghana for the year 2021.
In a research by FAKS Investigative Services, Dr. Asante scored some 89. 83% marks for that position after some 3, 551 people approved of his performance.
Two other state CEOs were also placed in the second position just like Dr. Asante.
The FAKS Investigative Services have over the years also rated the performance of Ministers of State and Members of Parliament (MPs).
In total, 3, 953 respondents were recorded, representing 91.36% of the responds recorded in the 2020 survey that was 4, 327. Out of the 3, 953 feedbacks received during the period, 2, 365 of the respondents, representing 59.83% were females while the remaining 1, 588 representing 40.17% were males.
The ranking was between 50% and 100%
About Dr. Ben K. D. Asante
Dr. Ben Asante is a world-renowned Oil and Gas Engineer with more than 30 years of experience.
He has worked for major Operating Companies (Nova/TransCanada and Enron) as well as Engineering Consulting companies (Jacobs Engineering and Gulf Interstate Engineering) in Canada, US and Ghana in various technical and managerial roles. He is currently the Chief Executive Officer of the Ghana National Gas Company.
Dr. Asante has also provided engineering services, project management, and technical support for various projects throughout the world including in Abu Dhabi (UAE), Argentina, Australia, Bangladesh, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Ghana, Indonesia, Malaysia, Mexico, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Peru, Russia, South Korea, Thailand, Vietnam and USA. He has also provided consulting services to the World Bank and Asian Development Bank (ADB) and provided expert witness testimonies in gas custody transfer and gas quality cases in the US High courts.
Dr. Asante was the Technical Director for Ghana’s First Gas Infrastructure Project, responsible for Engineering, Construction and Operations. The initial specifications for the Gas Processing Plant, Offshore Pipeline and Onshore Pipeline were provided by Dr. Asante, working as a consultant to the GNPC gas team.