The year 2019 was an eventful one, characterized by many talking points. From huge scandals to blunders in governance that sparked public uproar, 2019 can generally be described as an interesting year for Ghanaian history books.
There were some individuals that chocked enviable successes in the past year while others notably failed.
Ghananewonline.com.gh has judiciously compiled a list of persons whose actions in 2019 merit acknowledgement, as well as others who fell below expectations.
Below is the list of winners and losers in 2019
1) Best politician of the year: Sammy Gyemfi
2) The most humble politician of the year: Honourable Benard Oko-boye.
3) The most intellectually gifted personality of the year 2019: Bright Simons
4) The most patriotic and honest citizen of the year: Daniel Domelovo,
5) The Media House of the year: Citi FM
6) The Media personality of the year: Bernard Koku Avle
7) The most progressive campaign of the year: Citi TV’s War Against Indiscipline on our roads.
8) The most embarrassing moments of the year: The Parliamentary Chamber and Comprehensive Sexuality Education U-tern
9) The most dishonest personalities of the year: Dr Bawumia and Kojo Oppong Nkrumah.
10) The worst appointees in the Akufo Addo govt in 2019: Cecilia Dapaah, Pius hadzide,
11) The biggest corruption scandals of the year: PDS
12) The most arrogant appointee of the Akufo Addo govt in 2019: Ursula Owusu, Cecilia Dapaah, Mavis Hawa Koomson.
13) The biggest absurdity of the year: Blaming Mahama for every problem is the Akufo-Addo govt and printing new cedi notes knowing very well that the ECOWAS currency will take over in less than one month.
14) Best musicians of the year: Kofi Kinaata, Sakodie, Stone Boy and Shatawale.
15) Best and most sensible song of the year: things fall apart – Kofi Kinaata.
16) The biggest disappointments of the year: President Nana Akufo-Addo, Abdul Malik Kweku Baako, Jean Mensah, Bossman Asare, Mathew Opoku Prempeh, Osafo Maafo, Kwame Bafoe (Abronye DC), Chairman Wuntumi and Manchester United football club.