541 total views, 2 views today
A fire has gutted some shops around the State Insurance Company (SIC) mall located at Makola in the central business district of Accra.
An official from the Fire Service said the fire possibly started on the first floor of the building, which serves as a home, and spread quickly to other floors.
The official said five fire tenders were used to douse off the fire.
It is unclear yet what might have led to the cause of the fire, but the official said investigations would commence soon.
Personnel from the Ghana National Fire Service, (GNFS), had a difficult time bringing the fire under control because of the flow of electricity at the time.
The Fire Service has advised the public to adhere to safety measures during the Christmas festivities and the dry season.