A former Member of Parliament for Adentan Constituency, Kojo Adu-Asare, who expressed pessimism over the feasibility of Akufo-Addo government’s bauxite for infrastructure agreement with the Chinese entity, Sinohydro, has been put to shame following the release of the first tranche of the deal ABC News can report.
In a panel discussion on Asempa FM’s afternoon talk show, Ekosii Sen last week, the outspoken communicator of the opposition National Democratic Congress (NDC) said he didn’t believe any money would be given to Ghana for the deal before the end of the year.
“O.B, take it from me, no money will drop from this Sinohydro deal for Akufo-Addo. The deal is dead and everything shows that” he said.
Continuing, the former Member of Parliament for Adentan said that looking into the crystal ball, he sees no hope on the horizon.
“Hoot at me if any money drops out of this Sinohydro deal by the close of this year, 2019. I am telling you that no money is dropping down here for Akufo-Addo” Adu-Asare said confidently.
However, Vice President Dr. Mahamudu Bawumia, on Monday, November 11, after a meeting with the Vice Premier of the People’s Republic of China, announced that the first tranche of the Sinohydro/Ghana deal has been approved, paving the way for the projects captured in the Lot One to commence earnestly.
This announcement runs parallel to the entrenched position made by Kojo Adu-Asare and some NDC bigwigs who have said that the much-anticipated bauxite for infrastructure deal has tanked.