This tribal bigot of a journalist poured raw insults on President Mahama on air but i will not insult her back because I pity her so I will take time to explain the rationale behind the weeding exercise so she can learn.
That morning’s exercise where JM led a section of his security detail to clear overgrown weeds in the middle belt of the ‘Mahama’ Road in front of the new Military Cemetery is not just another example of his servant leadership capabilities but also begs serious questions that exposes the failed NPP Govt of Akufo-Addo/Bawumia.
1. Is the non-performing Govt aware that the overgrown weeds were obstructing the view of motorists that ply the Mahama road, especially towards the roundabout?
2. Is it not the duty of Govt to ensure that the median of our roads are kept clean, well manicured and devoid of dangerous reptiles?
3. Why has this super nepotistic and corrupt NPP Govt refused to release funds to the Parks & Gardens Unit of the Physical Planning Department to undertake their routine care of the median of such roads?
4. Must it take the incoming President to activate the communal spirit to get the place cleared when it has been bushy for a long time with its associated negative consequences to school kids, drivers, pedestrians and home owners on that stretch?
5. What happened to the deceitful NPP Govts noise on making Accra the cleanest city of West Africa? Or weeding the median areas of roads in the City is not part of it?
Ghanaians are aware of JMs track record in the area of sanitation. At least he instituted the National Sanitation Day where he leads in cleaning our communities on monthly basis when he was President unlike Akufo-Addo who has cancelled the National sanitation day and replaced it with empty rhetoric on sanitation so certainly, JMs patriotic action that morning is not a vote buying gimmick or petty as this NPP journalist com tribal bigot will have us to believe.
By Kwesi Dawood