The Parliamentary Service of Ghana is seeking the services of a qualified Ghanaian to fill the following vacant post:
Job Title most
Clerk to Parliament
The Clerk to Parliament is the Chief Administrator and Chief Adviser to the Speaker of Parliament on matters of procedure, policy and administration. He/She shall assist the Speaker of Parliament in ensuring that the Parliament of Ghana works according to its own rules. The post holder shall exercise mature leadership and good judgment for the day-to-day administration of the Parliamentary Service in accordance with the provisions of the Parliamentary Service Act (Act 462), 1993 and the Parliamentary Service (Staff) Regulations, 2019, C.I. 118
Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
- A good Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University and at least fifteen (15) years continuous post qualification experience in Administration, plus a Masters Degree or equivalent Professional qualification
- Master’s Degree from a recognized University and at least twelve (12) years continuous post qualification experience in
Administration, plus a First Degree;
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) from a recognized University with at least ten (10) years continuous post qualification experience in Administration, plus a First Degree;
- Applicants must be at least forty years (40) old at the time of submission of application.
- The position requires a mature, broad and deep executive ability to exercise leadership, render judgments and develop strategic policy decisions within broad interpretation of laws and regulations and to manage several Divisions and Departments engaged in a variety of functional activities/support services.
Attractive with fringe benefits.
Mode of Application
Interested applicants may submit soft copies and hard applications together with their relevant curriculum vitae and the names of 3 referees respectively to:
Parliamentary Service Board Parliamentary Service of Ghana
The closing date for the submission of applications is Friday, 30th June 2019.
Please indicate e-mail address, telephone/ and /or fax numbers to facilitate ease of contact.